Sunday, March 4, 2012

REACH OUT

I come bearing updates from Hawaii! Our school is 9 months long with an additional opportunity to become teachers of what we're learning in nations and places hungry for Biblical truth. Although I've always known this to be an option, and I can't imagine ever denying a proposal to work overseas, I didn't think that this would be something I'd be able to do. As I've been here I've naturally been planning on how I can burst with what I've learnt about when I come back home. I am getting a passion to teach, which is holding hands with the understanding that it is a huge responsibility to represent and regard such a Holy, Holy book which shouldn't be taken lightly. As a school we were each challenged to pray about whether we want to commit to serving abroad on an eight-week outreach. God soon spoke clearly that this is His will for me, which provoked my surprise and delight! I am on the team that plans to go to Mongolia and Russia, although we still are very much in our baby-steps phase of planning. As seems to be a yearly theme of mine, I have in my hands an understanding of what God wants me to do and no means at all to attain it myself. But it would be unfair for me to deny God of His surpassing, unfailing faithfulness which I rest in. Knowing my own incapability excites me because there is such room for God's capability to shine through.